Subject: bug#15800: closed (Re: bug#15800: 24.3.50; hebrew: describe-input-method, case sensitive or not)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 16:40:04 +0000

Your bug report

#15800: 24.3.50; hebrew: describe-input-method, case sensitive or not 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15800: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15800
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15800: 24.3.50; hebrew: describe-input-method, case sensitive or not
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 18:38:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 09:29:11 +0530
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I wonder what can we say in the introductory text before the layout,
> > to make this point clear.
> 
> Sorry, I won't make any textual suggestions.
> 
> There is a one-to-one correspondence between the standard layout and the
> layout that is displayed.  The problem is that the standard layout is
> displayed elsewhere.  (Do you really want me to split the window and
> have standard layout on top buffer and hebrew layout on the bottom
> buffer and figure out what comes first, uppercase or lowercase.)

The "standard" word is a link, which leads you to the standard layout.

> Displaying standard layout and virtual layout together (preferably
> side-by-side will help.)

Maybe.  But it will take too much space, so it's not trivial.

> ALSO, A simple example saying 'typing s gets you this' and 'typing S
> gets you that will help'.

I added some verbiage to that effect, I hope it clarifies things.

Subject: 24.3.50; hebrew: describe-input-method, case sensitive or not
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:33:32 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. C-x b *scratch*
2. M-x set-input-method RET hebrew RET
3. C-h C-\

   Note that the table that is shown suggests that the Latin characters
   should be typed in uppercase.

4. Type the following chars - SUS AKUO - See what happens.
5. Type the follwoing chars - sus akuo -  See what happens.

What needs to happen:

Either take the input chars case-insensitively or use lowercase latin
letters in the help table.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.5 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2013-11-04 on debian-6.05
Bzr revision: 114933 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.5 (squeeze)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  eldoc-post-insert-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
o <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> C-x 1 <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<escape> x r e p o r t - C-g <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <escape> x r e p o r t - e m <tab> 
<return> H e b r w e <backspace> <backspace> w e <backspace> 
<backspace> e SPC w i n <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> w SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> h e 
b r e w SPC i n p u t SPC m e t h o d SPC <backspace> 
: SPC I s SPC i t <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> SPC 
+ SPC c a s e SPC i <backspace> s e n s i t i t l y 
C-a C-k h e r b e r e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e w SPC + SPC Q u a <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
q u C-x b <return> C-h k C-h C-\ C-x 1 <escape> x s 
e t - i n p u t <tab> <return> C-g <escape> x r e p 
o r t - e m a c s <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set
Marking matching files...
8 matching files marked.
Killed 149 lines.
Mark set
C-h \ is undefined
Quit
End of buffer [3 times]

Quit

Load-path shadows:
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-clock
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-wl hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-wl
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-mew hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-mew
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-element
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-table
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-irc
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-plot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-css
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-id
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-docview
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-python
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-version
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-attach
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-feed
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-archive
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-faces
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-src
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-macs
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-timer
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-table
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-install
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-js
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-indent
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-list
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-R
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-habit
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sh hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sh
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-C
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-java
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-compat
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-colview
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-entities
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-capture
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-info
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-org
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-vm hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-vm
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-io
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/src/private/orgmuse hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/net/orgmuse

Features:
(shadow emacsbug dired-aux add-log quail eww mm-url bug-reference
help-mode misearch multi-isearch mailalias smtpmail sendmail nndoc
url-cache debbugs-gnu debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util warnings xml shr browse-url mm-archive nnir qp sort
smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-salt
disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 network-stream starttls nnimap
parse-time tls utf7 netrc nnfolder nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view
mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache mule-util doc-view jka-compr
arc-mode archive-mode view vc-bzr diary-lib diary-loaddefs info
org-element nroff-mode image-mode face-remap vc-git eldoc package xr rx
url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache
url-vars pp hi-lock gnus-dired dired-x dired color saveplace org-w3m
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-plantuml which-func imenu paren
savehist ido icomplete electric desktop frameset cus-start cus-load
private-loaddefs rgrep grep compile cscope search org byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv edmacro kmacro derived org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src easy-mmode ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat advice help-fns org-macs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message cl-macs gv format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit cl
cl-loaddefs cl-lib cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs org-loaddefs time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)