Subject: Re: bug#15800: 24.3.50; hebrew: describe-input-method, case sensitive or not

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 09:29:11 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I wonder what can we say in the introductory text before the layout,
> to make this point clear.

Sorry, I won't make any textual suggestions.

There is a one-to-one correspondence between the standard layout and the
layout that is displayed.  The problem is that the standard layout is
displayed elsewhere.  (Do you really want me to split the window and
have standard layout on top buffer and hebrew layout on the bottom
buffer and figure out what comes first, uppercase or lowercase.)

Displaying standard layout and virtual layout together (preferably
side-by-side will help.)

----------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO, A simple example saying 'typing s gets you this' and 'typing S
gets you that will help'.

----------------------------------------------------------------

OR

You can simply do away with displaying the keyboard(s). Instead, give a
one-to-one map between the input char and the output char.

For example, see quail-help with input method set to tamil-itrans.