Subject: Re: 24.3.50; cc-mode bug reporting

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 21:54:29 +0000

Hi, Michael.

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 12:01:12PM -0400, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:
> I reported a bug a while back (I think) from my [email-masked] address
> that deals with C++11 enumeration class indentation.  I reported it via
> c-submit-bug-report.

> Example of bad behavior:

> enum class foo : int {
>     A,
>         B,
>         C
>         };

Sorry, I should have acknwledged that some while ago.  It's going to be a
tricky one to tackle, since it overturns the notion of a type being just
a type.

> This message is only partially about this problem, though.  My real
> question is whether `M-x c-submit-bug-report' is still a valid way to
> report bugs for cc-mode.

Yes, it is.

> It sends to [email-masked].  It might make sense to change this to
> send to the gnu debbugs list instead, with an appropriate cc-mode tag.

Right at the moment, I don't think this would be a good idea.  CC Mode is
also upstream from XEmacs, and bug reports come from that quarter, too.
It is convenient to be able to filter a mailbox for mails addressed to
*cc-mode*.  Mail to bug-gnu-emacs is much easier to lose in the sheer
volume of postings.

[ .... ]

> -- 
> Michael Welsh Duggan
> ([email-masked])

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).