Subject: bug#1578: emacsclient -c make emacs very slow (under Mac OSX)

From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:37:19 +0200

On Feb 6, 2009, at 8:26 PM, poppyer wrote:

> I notice that if I start with "emacs -nw", there is no NSApp (no  
> icon in
> the osx dock). When I use "emacsclient -c" to open a NS frame, the  
> icon
> shows up. My idea here is, if I close every NS frame, can we  
> destroy the
> NSApp and make it nil again (say by testing the frame count) ? If this
> is possible, it at least make emacsclient more usable; and I don't  
> need
> to restart Emacs.

This a good idea and would probably meet better with user  
expectations when the only frame is closed (get rid of the icon in  
the dock), also applicable when started with --daemon.

I don't have time to work on it right now, so if someone else wants  
to take a crack.. it shouldn't be that hard (though there could be  
unexpected gotchas I guess)...