Subject: bug#15777: 24.3.50; cl symbols are no more fontlocked

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 19:07:51 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Hi, symbols from cl package are no more fontlocked, (e.g loop, defun*
>> etc...)
>
> That's on purpose, because we want to discourage their use.
> Symbols from cl-lib are font-locked.

I am sorry, but moving to cl-lib is not trivial and a lot of
applications are still using cl.
What you are discouraging is maintaining external elisp libraries,
remember that many people are using emacs just because there is external
libraries.

BTW I have started a branch with cl-lib+lexical-binding, it is a lot of
work and will not be ready soon.
I still want my current branchs to be fontlocked correctly.
Of course I can switch to emacs-24.3, but IMO it is not fair to disable
cl features.

Thanks for your understanding.

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997