Subject: bug#15758: grep 2.15 calls abort() on larger searches with -P

From: Santiago <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:03:25 +0100

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 10:53:13AM -0800, Jim Meyering wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> I expect to push that patch as-is and defer to a separate commit
> >> (or maybe even skip altogether) any portability hack that might warn
> >> or disable PCRE support when detecting the broken library.
> >
> > Pushed.  Let's take any discussion of grep's workaround for Debian's
> > PCRE problem to a new thread/issue.
> 
> Hmm... I was chagrined not to be able to reproduce the output I quoted
> above, so dug into it and found the real error (mine), fixed it and
> adjusted the test:

(Sorry, I was forgetting to answer you, my holidays were quite long.)

Great! It works and it's on debian unstable now. 

Thanks,

Santiago