Subject: bug#15757: new uname.c for uname -p fix related

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 14:25:59 -0600

On 10/31/2013 02:16 PM, Jeffrin Jose wrote:
> hello,
> 
> i have patched debian source from sid for file 
> uname.c for debian coreutils.
> 
> it does not show "unknown" for uname -p. hope it is fixed. 
> i have applied a patch from gentoo for this.
> i have attached the resulting  uname.c

Thanks for the attempt.  However, sending an entire file is not the
proper way to submit a patch.  For anyone to see what you have changed,
we would have to jump through hoops to manually diff the file ourselves.
 Please read http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/tree/HACKING
for instructions on how to submit a proper diff limited to just the
changes you are making plus the context needed to unambiguously apply
those changes.  Furthermore, if you are copying the patch from somewhere
else, you should clearly state the original author of the patch rather
than claiming ownership of it yourself (but at least the terms of the
GPL mean that you are not violating any laws by reposting someone else's
public patch, because their copyright license granted you that right).

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org