Subject: bug#15756: closed (Re: bug#15756: Cannot remove a specific package output from profile)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 22:25:03 +0000

Your bug report

#15756: Cannot remove a specific package output from profile

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15756: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15756
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15756: Cannot remove a specific package output from profile
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 23:24:13 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> With Guix 0.4 it’s impossible to remove a single output of a package
> when several of them are installed:

Fixed in commit a207877.

Ludo’.

Subject: Cannot remove a specific package output from profile
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:25:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With Guix 0.4 it’s impossible to remove a single output of a package
when several of them are installed:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ./pre-inst-env guix package -p foo -I
make	3.82	out	/nix/store/zc7djchn80qbji4dmfvbwnw9akag0bfa-make-3.82
make	3.82	debug	/nix/store/xpw5b3kym02ra3lbaqhxqp88fqc5g7vl-make-3.82-debug
idutils	4.6	out	/nix/store/4cbh3hipf7i5aqy9fdwsb6dfla9k62sz-idutils-4.6

$ ./pre-inst-env guix package -p foo -r make:debug
nothing to be done

$ ./pre-inst-env guix package -p foo -r make
The following package will be removed:
   make-3.82	/nix/store/xpw5b3kym02ra3lbaqhxqp88fqc5g7vl-make-3.82-debug

1 package in profile

$ ./pre-inst-env guix package -p foo -I
idutils	4.6	out	/nix/store/4cbh3hipf7i5aqy9fdwsb6dfla9k62sz-idutils-4.6
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ludo’.