Subject: Re: bug#15748: 24.3.50; `customize-group': Provide a way to hide/show all values

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 13:44:20 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks, but can we have some documentation about its usage?  For
> starters, in which buffers it is supposed to be used, and how?  I
> thought this was for the buffer created by customize-group, but there
> it seems I can use 'H' only once: after that one time, which reveals
> all the variables, any subsequent 'H' press says "Invalid widget type"
> and does nothing.  (I used the buffer created for the 'display' group,
> in case it matters.)

Yes, it matters -- I was testing in a group with a different widget
selection, so I didn't see this bug.  Now fixed on the trunk.

> 'H' does toggle in a buffer created by customize-variable, but is that
> the intent?

Sure, why not?

> I tried to understand whether I did something wrong by reading the doc
> string of the new command, but it didn't add anything to my
> understanding; it doesn't even say which "widgets" is it talking
> about.
>
> I think we need to improve the user documentation of this new feature.

It just toggles the visibility, like that arrow thing.  I don't know
what further can be said.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no