Subject: bug#15743: 23.4; sr-speed-bar jump to wrong buffer

From: My Name <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 00:39:30 -0400

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list
and the gnu.emacs.bug news group, and at http://debbugs.gnu.org.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

When press "e" on a function prototype in sr-speedbar, the cursor jump to the function defintion
and then immediatly to another buffer (3rd if available, or if not, back to the sr-speedbar buffer).

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.4/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-09-09 on murphy, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -DDEBIAN -O2' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Speedbar

Minor modes in effect:
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
d i r e d - d o - c h m o d <return> 7 7 6 6 <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> 5 5 <return> F C-g C-n C-n 
C-n C-n u u u u u C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
u u u u C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n u C-p C-p C-p C-p C-x 0 
M-x s r - s p e <tab> b a <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
o <tab> <return> C-x o C-n + C-n C-n C-n C-p + C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n _ ESC C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p _ _ _ _ - C-n + + + + C-p C-p 
+ C-n C-n + C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n + e C-x o C-x 4 
f <return> C-x o j j j j j j j j j j k k k k k k k 
k k - k <return> ^ j j j + j j <S-backspace> + j j 
j j j j j j + j + j j j k j j <S-backspace> + j j <return> 
C-w l C-w l e C-w l C-w l = j = j j = j e C-w l j j 
j j C-w l e C-w 0 C-g C-x 0 C-w l e C-w C-l <return> 
C-w j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j 
j j j j j <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-w < C-w < C-w 
< 1 0 C-w < C-w o C-g C-w o C-x o e e e M-x r e <tab> 
p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
Quit
Mark set
-rwxr-xr-x 2958   /home/jenia/Documents/eclipse/workspace/ass2/server/PoliceDepartment.java
call-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *SPEEDBAR*> [2 times]
Mark set [4 times]
Quit
Mark set [2 times]
Quit [2 times]
Mark set [3 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
~/.elisp/undo-tree hides ~/.emacs.d/undo-tree
~/.emacs.d/color-theme hides /usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/color-theme
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/semi/pgg-parse hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/pgg-parse
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/speedbar/speedbar hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/speedbar
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/ezimage hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/ezimage
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/speedbar/sb-image hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/sb-image
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/semi/pgg-pgp hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/pgg-pgp
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/semi/pgg hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/pgg
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/semi/pgg-def hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/pgg-def
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/semi/pgg-gpg hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/pgg-gpg
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/hex-util
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/speedbar/dframe hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/dframe
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/semi/pgg-pgp5 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/pgg-pgp5
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-publish hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-publish
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-exp
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-jsinfo hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-vm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-remember hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-remember
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-xoxo hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-wl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-wl
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-icalendar hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mac-message hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-html hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-html
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-latex
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-freemind hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-freemind
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mew hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-mew
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-exp-blocks hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-docbook hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-docbook
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-ascii hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-ascii
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/org-mode/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/wl/rfc2368 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/mail/rfc2368
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/eieio/eieio-comp hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-comp
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/eieio/eieio-datadebug hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-datadebug
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/eieio/eieio-base hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/eieio/chart hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/chart
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/eieio/eieio-opt hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/eieio/eieio-speedbar hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-speedbar
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/eieio/eieio-custom hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-custom
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/eieio/eieio hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/cedet-files hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/cedet-files
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/srecode/srecode hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/srecode
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/inversion hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/inversion
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/cedet-idutils hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/cedet-idutils
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/data-debug hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/data-debug
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/semantic/semantic hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/semantic
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/ede/ede hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/ede
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/mode-local hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/mode-local
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/cedet hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/cedet
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/pulse hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/pulse
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/cedet-cscope hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/cedet-cscope
/home/jenia/.elisp/cedet-1.1/common/cedet-global hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/cedet/cedet-global

Features:
(shadow modb-legacy modb-standard ssl wl-mime mime-edit pgg-parse pccl
pccl-20 ccl signature mail-utils mime-setup mail-mime-setup semi-setup
mime-pgp pgg-def mime-play filename mime-image utf-7 elmo-imap4
elmo-net elmo-dop elmo-cache elmo-map wl-demo wl-news wl-address
wl-thread wl-action wl-summary ps-print ps-def lpr wl-refile
wl-message elmo-mime mmelmo-buffer mmelmo-imap mime-view mime-conf
calist semi-def mmimap mime-parse mmbuffer mmgeneric wl-highlight
elmo-multi wl-folder wl wl-e21 wl-util elmo-flag elmo-localdir
wl-draft wl-vars eword-encode wl-template wl-version sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums qp elmo elmo-signal elmo-msgdb modb modb-generic
modb-entity mime elmo-util emu invisible inv-23 poem poem-e20
poem-e20_3 utf7 mm-util mail-prsvr eword-decode mel mime-def alist
std11 mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom
elmo-date timezone path-util elmo-vars poe elmo-version pym static
apel-ver product luna emacsbug semantic-analyze-complete
semanticdb-typecache semantic-tag-write find-dired semantic-dep
semantic-tag-file vc-git semanticdb-file cedet-files semantic-edit
wisent-java-tags semantic-java semantic-decorate-include
semanticdb-find semantic-decorate-mode semantic-decorate pulse
semantic-doc wisent-java-tags-wy semantic-wisent wisent cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
semantic-find multi-isearch ede-dired eieio-opt help-mode view
tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp
tramp-cmds tramp auth-source gnus-util netrc time-date password-cache
tramp-compat trampver semantic-el semantic-bovine bovine-debug
semantic-debug sr-speedbar semantic-m3 semantic-analyze-refs cedet-m3
semantic-mru-bookmark semanticdb-mode semantic-idle eldoc senator
which-func semantic-imenu semantic-sb imenu cedet cedet-contrib-load
contrib-loaddefs cogre-load cogre-loaddefs speedbar-load
speedbar-loaddefs sb-info ede-load ede-loaddefs ede-speedbar ede-files
ede ede-base ede-auto eieio-speedbar semantic-ia-sb semantic-analyze
semantic-scope semantic-analyze-fcn semantic-sort semanticdb-javap
cedet-java semanticdb-el semanticdb-ref semanticdb semantic-ctxt
semantic-format semantic-util-modes semantic-util semantic
semantic-lex semantic-tag-ls semantic-tag working fame speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe assoc eieio-custom wid-edit ede-source
eieio-base srecode-load srecode srecode-loaddefs semantic-load
semantic-fw semantic-loaddefs mode-local find-func eieio-load
eieio-loaddefs cedet-load cedet-compat cedet-loaddefs eieio warnings
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile inversion linum autorevert ido dired-x
dired-aux dired regexp-opt evil evil-integration evil-maps
evil-commands ffap evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common undo-tree derived diff
windmove rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ipython python-mode info-look
info easymenu compile ansi-color executable shell comint ring cl cl-19
auto-complete popup erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
thingatpt pp uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload edmacro kmacro
ibuffer org-install emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom
emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode bbdb-autoloads tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting font-render-setting
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)