Subject: 24.3; package-x.el keep modtime on upload

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:58:23 +1100

Severity: wishlist

It'd good if `package-upload-file' in package-x.el preserved the modtime
of the file when it puts it in the archive.  Keeping the modtime helps
see that it's the same as where it was copied from, in particular if
initial generating or regenerating the archive by copying everything to
it.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2013-05-29 on blah.blah, modified by Debian
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-gconf'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-znocombreloc'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_AU
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t