Subject: bug#15740: 24.3.50; enabling & disabling custom themes is slow

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 09:32:52 +0800

On 2013-10-28 05:07 +0800, Drew Adams wrote:
> Not so, custom themes - disabling all enabled themes
> and then enabling one theme is painfully slow, and you see all of the
> changes manifested on the screen, slowly.  The same is true if there is
> only one theme enabled: disabling it and enabling another is very slow.
>
> Is this something that could be fixed?

But it works splendidly on OS X and GNU/Linux. Do you have a recipe to
see the slowness?

> A custom theme is, I believe, heavier duty, saving more information than
> a color theme.  A color theme records frame parameters, faces, and some
> variables - no more.
>
> Does this difference in the amount of information account for the
> difference in performance?  Dunno.  Hoping someone will take a look...

Many years ago when I tried color-theme it couldn't be cleanly disabled
and at times leave some faces in an unusable state that only a restart
could fix.

Leo