Subject: bug#15731: 24.3; python indentation error: wrong indentation after inline if-statement

From: Luke Zoltan Kelley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:23:10 -0400

emacs -Q test.py

cond = True
if( cond ):

    if( cond ): print "True"
else: print "False"

else:
    return

the first 'else' condition will not indent to the proper alignment
(aligned with the second 'if' statement).  Using M-x indent-region has
the same effect.  It's possible this bug does not occur in 24.2.1.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.2.0)
of 2013-03-13 on teneight-slave.macports.org
Configured using:
`configure '--prefix=/opt/local' '--without-x' '--without-dbus'
'--without-gconf' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt'
'--without-gpm' '--without-gnutls' '--without-xml2' '--infodir'
'/opt/local/share/info/emacs' 'CC=/usr/bin/clang' 'CFLAGS=-pipe -O2
-arch x86_64' 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-no_pie -arch x86_64'
'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  global-rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ ? 1 ; 2 c ESC x r e p o r t - e m TAB RET

Recent messages:
("emacs" "CosmoCalc.py")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading vc-git...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git python rx easymenu comint ring
ansi-color edmacro kmacro rainbow-delimiters time-date paren gnuplot
regexp-opt lzk-mode derived ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)