Subject: 24.3.50; (emacs) `Query Replace' mentions multi-buffer q-r, but no explanation

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:47:21 -0700 (PDT)

The descriptions of `Y' and `N' can give the impression that ordinary
`query-replace' (`M-%', `C-M-%') works across multiple buffers.  If it
does then please add an explanation of how to use `M-%' and `C-M-%'
to do that.

I suspect that the text is just not clear that `Y' and `N', and what
is said for them about multiple buffers, is ONLY for other commands,
which happen to be multi-buffer, and is does not apply to `M-%' and
`C-M-%'.

For one thing, whatever commands are pertinent should be mentioned here.
The text says "(like the Dired `Q' command...)".  It should not say
"like", but "such as".  And is that the only such command, or is it
just one example of such a command (in which case, list the others,
or at least provide a link to where they are discussed).

Move the link pointing to `Operating on Files' to the paragraph where
`Q' is mentioned.  Or add a link there and keep also the one at the page
bottom.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-10-19 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 114715 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'