Subject: bug#15730: 24.3.50; (emacs) `Query Replace' mentions multi-buffer q-r, but no explanation

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:19:45 -0800 (PST)

> It says: ...

> I fail to see how that could be misinterpreted.

Try reading the bug report about it.  You might succeed in seeing.
It specifically says how it can be misinterpreted, starting with
its first words:

  "The descriptions of `Y' and `N' can give the impression that
   ordinary `query-replace' (`M-%', `C-M-%') works across multiple
   buffers."

Is it unclear how they can give that impression?  Does reading
their descriptions help?

  `Y (Upper-case)'
   to replace all remaining occurrences in all remaining buffers in
   multi-buffer replacements...

> > Move the link pointing to `Operating on Files' to the paragraph
> > where `Q' is mentioned.  Or add a link there and keep also the
> > one at the page bottom.
>  
> Seems to be fixed.

Not at all.  Read what I wrote.  You just quote the existing doc
that needs to be fixed.  Nothing has been changed at all.

> Closing.

Reopening.  You've done nothing here but close the bug.

I'm sorry to say it, but you don't read the doc (well), and you
don't read the bug reports (well).  You seem to be in a hurry
to close things without bothering to learn about them, let alone 
trying to fix them.

Do you think users write bug reports for fun, or just so you
can close them?  We're trying to improve Emacs, not get an
award for the number of bugs closed without looking.