Subject: Re: bug#15716: 24.3.50; redisplay bug for display-table update

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 21:21:55 +0300

> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 08:53:15 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Emacswiki seems to be off-line.
> 
> It's back up.  It was down for a few minutes.  I reported it to the
> wiki maintainer.

It seems to be down again.

> > But unless you are saying that
> > turning on this feature _always_ results in garbled display, I will
> > need a recipe to reproduce the problem, or else it is impossible to
> > debug it.
> 
> No, this feature does not cause the problem.  There is apparently a
> display problem that occurred this one time.  I was surprised, as I
> said, because I have never seen it before.  (And I mistakenly expected
> `C-l' to fix it.)  I do not have a recipe to repro it.  I was hoping 
> that perhaps the description, wrt display-table modification, might
> ring a bell wrt recent Emacs changes.  If not, I guess there's nothing
> you can do at this point.

I'll at least try to load the feature and see if I can reproduce the
garbled display.

When (if) it happens next, I suggest to "C-h l" and record both your
keystrokes and what you remember you were doing last.  A list of major
mode and minor modes in effect in that buffer might also be important.