Subject: bug#15700: 24.3; calling dired results in resized frame (it gets wider)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:37:41 +0200

Calling dired in a buffer (like C-x d) causes the frame to become
wider.  I like to use frames with a width of 80 characters; the dired
buffer gets widened to 85 to 90 characters.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2013-10-10 on egmont
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--with-imagemagick''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_AT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_AT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_AT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> g ~ x y e s <return> g <help-echo> M-x 
e m a c s SPC v e r <tab> <return> <help-echo> M-x 
r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
Source file `/home/ernst/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/auctex-pkg.el' newer than byte-compiled file
Source file `/home/ernst/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-0.8.0/yasnippet-pkg.el' newer than byte-compiled file
Source file `/home/ernst/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.86/tex-site.el' newer than byte-compiled file
Starting Emacs daemon.
Flagging backup files for deletion...
9 backup files flagged.
Deleting...done
GNU Emacs 24.3.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2) of 2013-10-10 on egmont
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils server imenu auctex-autoloads tex-site info ggtags-autoloads
ioccur-autoloads svg-clock-autoloads vlf-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
package saveplace uniquify ob-python ob-mscgen ob-awk paren recentf
tree-widget wid-edit time cus-start cus-load switch-window edmacro
kmacro cl-macs gv quail help-mode cl tempo org-clock org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda remember org-remember org-datetree org
byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv advice help-fns cl-lib
advice-preload ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x easymenu
dired p4 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Mag. DIng. Ernst J. Taumberger

----------------------------------------
CENTER COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS GMBH
Ein Unternehmen der STRABAG AG

Senior Systems Engineer

Ignaz-Köck-Straße 19
A-1210 Wien, Österreich

Phone: +43 (0) 190199 - 3119
Fax: +43 (0) 190199 - 2110
Mobile: +43 (0) 664 230 8465
[email-masked]

----------------------------------------
FN 796 88p, Sitz in Wien
Firmenbuchgericht Wien
www.centersystems.com

Geschäftsführung: Ing. Gerhard Jelinek, Josef-Eduard Burger