Subject: bug#15700: 24.3; calling dired results in resized frame (it gets wider)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 02:09:21 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please keep the subject line unaltered in order to preserve the
> integrity of this thread.
>
>> The problem does not occur with 'emacs -q'
>
> So I can only guess what might happen here:
>
> - Your `dired' has some large toolbar and the window manager tries to
>   fit the frame to that toolbar.  This should be fairly easy to check.
>
> - You use some add-on which fits the frame width to that of the dired
>   buffer.  This should be easy to check too.
>
> Otherwise, you will have to run edbug on `dired' and check whether and
> where within `switch-to-buffer' it resizes the frame.  If this doesn't
> help either, you'll have to search your .emacs for the offender.

More information was requested, but no response was given within a few
months, so I'm closing this bug report.  If the problem still exists,
please reopen this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no