Subject: bug#15692: 24.3.50; rcirc activity mode-line indicator gets cleared automatically

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 11:13:36 +0200

Leo Liu <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Leo,

>> I've verified that I get that behavior also with emacs -Q and only a
>> minimal rcirc config, e.g., setting my `rcirc-default-nick' etc.
>> However, with emacs -Q the clearing happens way fewer than with my
>> normal emacs with dozens of packages loaded.
>>
>> If you give me some hints on how to debug that, I'm happy to do
>> whatever you want me to do.
>
> I am using rcirc on emacs 24.3 and never had this problem. Could you
> check if something modifies rcirc-activity-string?

The only function doing that in rcirc should be
`rcirc-update-activity-string'.  So I've edebugged that, but sometimes
it occurs that the activity string changes without me being put in the
debugger.

Is there a way to be put into the debugger whenever a variable is set,
no matter what function does it?

Bye,
Tassilo