Subject: bug#15691: closed (Re: bug#15691: ,br doesn't work for generic functions)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 04:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#15691: ,br doesn't work for generic functions

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15691: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15691
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15691: ,br doesn't work for generic functions
From: Ian Price <[email-masked]>
To: Jordy Dickinson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 04:07:39 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I pushed the patch from the 24 of October (commit
3981feaa11aa0d866ff1d99128f0ace3). It's not perfect,
but I'm marking this one done. Sorry it took a while.

-- 
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"

Subject: ,br doesn't work for generic functions
From: Jordy Dickinson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 01:51:25 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

# What I did:

I used ,br with a generic function, specifically I entered ",br initialize".

# What I expected:

I wasn't sure what to expect, given that generic functions can have
many implementations, but since there was no error and a "generic"
object appeared in the output of ",traps", I expected at least that
when _some_ initialize method was called I would be put into a
debugging prompt.

# What actually happened:

When I called a function that called the initialize method ("make" in
this particular case), it completed successfully, without any debug
prompt.