Subject: bug#1567 closed by Don Armstrong <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#1567: Mailing an archived bug)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:25:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com package:

#1567: Mailing an archived bug

It has been closed by Don Armstrong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Don Armstrong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1567: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1567
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#1567: Mailing an archived bug
From: Don Armstrong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 01:17:01 -0800

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Don Armstrong wrote:
> 
> > Hrm; can you try again? I recently updated to a newer version of
> > debbugs on that machine, and whatever was going on there shouldn't
> > happen.
> 
> It's still the same. I sent another message to bug#1, got an "Info
> received" ack, my mail appeared on bug-gnu-emacs, but not on the
> tracker.

Thanks; I've tested this now, and it should be working properly.

Don Armstrong

-- 
I never until now realized that the primary job of any emoticon is to
say "excuse me, that didn't make any sense." ;-P
 -- Cory Doctorow

http://www.donarmstrong.com              http://rzlab.ucr.edu

>From [email-masked] Sat Dec 13 14:36:30 2008
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:35:43 -0500
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Mailing an archived bug

Package: emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com

By experiment, if I send mail to an archived bug, everything appears
to work as normal. I get an acknowledgement mail thanking me for my
information, and my mail is sent on to bug-gnu-emacs. However, the
information is not added to the relevant bug in the database. This
failure happens silently and without any notification.

I think it would be better if the mail were not sent to bug-gnu-emacs;
instead I should get a rejection mail, similar to the ones I get from
the control server:

Cannot find bug ### (is it archived?)