Subject: bug#15653: 24.3; call-interactively not sending keys

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 14:21:00 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, it _is_ the interactive spec.  When that spec uses 'e' or '@' or
> something else that needs to analyze the invoking events, then Emacs
> provides the information from KEYS instead.
>
> I don't really see hat needs to be clarified in the docs, but given
> the above, perhaps Lars or Matthew could propose a clarification?

The confusion that both Matthew and me had here was that the doc string
talked about "inquiring what events that invoked it", and
`this-command-keys' talks about "return the key sequence that invoked
this command".  So it's not an unnatural inference to make that these
things are somehow tied together.

I've now clarified the call-interactively doc string to say explicitly
that the argument affects the return value of the interactive spec of
FUNCTION.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no