Subject: bug#15638: closed (Re: bug#15638: 24.3; dired-other-frame with ido-everywhere lists files, not just directories)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 00:41:03 +0000

Your bug report

#15638: 24.3; dired-other-frame with ido-everywhere lists files, not just directories

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15638: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15638
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15638: 24.3; dired-other-frame with ido-everywhere lists files, not just directories
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 20:40:28 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Thanks; applied.

Subject: 24.3; dired-other-frame with ido-everywhere lists files, not just directories
From: "Joe Vornehm Jr." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:47:33 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q
M-x ido-mode
M-x ido-everywhere
C-x 5 d

At this point, the ido-enhanced dired prompt is allowing
selection of both files and directories.  It should only list
directories, which is the behavior exhibited when invoking
`dired' (C-x d) instead of `dired-other-frame' (C-x 5 d).

I have included a patch (at the bottom of this message) to the
stock ido.el with Emacs 24.3.1 that fixes the problem.  It adds
this single line, immediately below a similar line for
dired-other-window:

(put 'dired-other-frame 'ido 'dir)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: ENU
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   ido-everywhere: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x i d o - m o d e <return> M-x i d o - e v e r y
w h e r e <return> C-x 5 d C-g M-x r e p o r t - e
m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Ido mode enabled
Ido-Everywhere mode enabled
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired cus-start cus-load ido time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)

Patch:
*** ido.el      2013-03-17 15:52:38.366342100 -0400
--- ido.el.new  2013-10-17 11:31:38.501582100 -0400
***************
*** 4667,4672 ****
--- 4667,4673 ----
   (put 'dired-do-rename 'ido 'ignore)
   (put 'ibuffer-find-file 'ido 'find-file)
   (put 'dired-other-window 'ido 'dir)
+ (put 'dired-other-frame 'ido 'dir)

   ;;;###autoload
   (defun ido-read-buffer (prompt &optional default require-match)