Subject: 24.3; dired-other-frame with ido-everywhere lists files, not just directories

From: "Joe Vornehm Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:47:33 -0400

emacs -Q
M-x ido-mode
M-x ido-everywhere
C-x 5 d

At this point, the ido-enhanced dired prompt is allowing
selection of both files and directories.  It should only list
directories, which is the behavior exhibited when invoking
`dired' (C-x d) instead of `dired-other-frame' (C-x 5 d).

I have included a patch (at the bottom of this message) to the
stock ido.el with Emacs 24.3.1 that fixes the problem.  It adds
this single line, immediately below a similar line for
dired-other-window:

(put 'dired-other-frame 'ido 'dir)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: ENU
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   ido-everywhere: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x i d o - m o d e <return> M-x i d o - e v e r y
w h e r e <return> C-x 5 d C-g M-x r e p o r t - e
m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Ido mode enabled
Ido-Everywhere mode enabled
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired cus-start cus-load ido time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)

Patch:
*** ido.el      2013-03-17 15:52:38.366342100 -0400
--- ido.el.new  2013-10-17 11:31:38.501582100 -0400
***************
*** 4667,4672 ****
--- 4667,4673 ----
   (put 'dired-do-rename 'ido 'ignore)
   (put 'ibuffer-find-file 'ido 'find-file)
   (put 'dired-other-window 'ido 'dir)
+ (put 'dired-other-frame 'ido 'dir)

   ;;;###autoload
   (defun ido-read-buffer (prompt &optional default require-match)