Subject: Re: [Sébastien Gross] Patch correctif bug#15614

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:51:47 -0400

> (let ((read (read-event nil window-system seconds)))

That's an interesting workaround.  Tho you'd probably want the reverse:

 (let ((read (read-event nil (not window-system) seconds)))

after all, you're probably working in a GUI frame and you want nil.
The patch that fixes bug#14782 used t because that's what was needed
under a tty.

> Since window-system is nil on tty and set on others it should fix both
> bugs.  What do you think? I will do diligent test if you're OK with this.

It won't fix your test case under a tty, but it should fix your test
case in GUI frames while still keeping bug#14782 fixed (which only bit
in tty frames).

>> A good workaround for your particular problem would be to change
>> flyspell so as not to use sit-for (use an idle timer instead).
> I don't mind doing that. However it seems like a rubber band rather than
> a fix.

I did say "workaround".  But it would be a good thing in any case, since
the use of `sit-for' in there introduces various other problems.

        Stefan