Subject: bug#15613: Wrong indentation in Shell-script[sh] mode?

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:37:44 -0400

> In the current trunk the indentation for bash scripts looks as in this test
> case:

> $ cat test_indent.sh
> #!/bin/bash

> if [ "${foo_a}" != "${foo_b}" ]; then

>     if [ "${foo_c}" = "${foo_d}" ]; then
> 	echo
> 	echo "Hello..."
> 	echo
> 	exit 1
>     fi

>     fi

This works correctly if you use (setq sh-use-smie t) which I recommend.

It is currently not the default setting because it doesn't yet support
all the indentation-config variables of the old indentation code, and
doesn't support the "guess indentation settings" feature either.  But in
most other respects it should work "as well or better".

        Stefan