Subject: bug#15591: [PATCH] libparted: handle i18n gpt partition names correctly

From: Phillip Susi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:29:51 -0500

On 12/20/2013 2:11 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Thanks for explaining.  In that case, we can create a test image
> with a unicode character partition name, and use dd to inspect the
> on-disk bytes, looking for the desired (new) behavior.  That should
> fail with the pre-patch parted and succeed with the fixed version.

Ahh, of course, why didn't I think of that? <facepalm />

> Sure, git can handle arbitrary files... but I have a general
> aversion to storing test images in version control when there is an
> easy way to avoid it.
> 
> Would you mind doing that?

I'll try to work it up tonight.

Say, if you have some time for patch reviewing these days, think you
could take a look at the online resize patch set?  They have been in
Debian and Ubuntu now for a bit and the last gparted livecd is using
them, so it would be nice to finally get them applied upstream and a
new release done.