Subject: Re: bug#15591: [PATCH] libparted: handle i18n gpt partition names correctly

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:35:23 -0800

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Phillip Susi <[email-masked]> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA512
>
> On 12/19/2013 05:13 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:
>> Also, it'd be great to add a test case that fails without this
>> fix?
>
> I can create a partition table using a unicode name, but can I include
> an arbitrary binary image in the test suite?  I seem to remember the
> test suite wanting to copy the shell script to its own directory to
> execute it.

Ideally, the script would create a partition table from scratch and
then create a partition table with a unicode name, then verify that
it can be read/displayed properly.  Then there's no issue with
storing an image in git.

If you don't have the time or inclination, point me to an offending
image and I'll derive a stand-alone test that doesn't need that image.