Subject: Re: 24.3.50; GC crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:46:21 +0200

> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:28:19 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> 
> 
> Over the past few weeks, since updating, I have had several crashes in
> mark_object.  The crashes started when I updated somewhere between Sep
> 17 and Sep 22.  (I don't know how to tell more precisely when that
> was.)
> 
> I did another update a week ago, hoping the problem would go away,
> but yesterday I got another crash of the same sort.
> 
> My previous update had been around Aug 18; the crashes did not
> happen in that version.

Richard, could you please establish the exact bzr revisions that you
had after the update "around Aug 18" and after the update in
September?  This could help us find the relevant changes.  Below I
explain how to find out these facts.

In your ~/.bzr.log file, you should see a line like this announcing
each "bzr update" command:

  Sat 2014-03-22 10:32:23 +0200
  0.047  bazaar version: 2.6b1
  0.047  bzr arguments: [u'up']

If you actually type the full "update" command, instead of the short
"up", the last line will say this instead:

  0.047  bzr arguments: [u'update']

In any case, the first line shows the date of the update command.  One
of the last lines in the log related to this command will look like
this:

  [ 5068] 2014-03-22 10:32:45.552 INFO: Updated to revision 116839 of branch bzr+ssh://[email-masked]/emacs/trunk

(with "rms" instead of "eliz" in your case).  This shows the revision
to which you updated your tree.

Please find the 2 updates on or around the dates you mentioned, and
tell which revisions did you get in each update.

Thanks.