Subject: Re: bug#15579: Bug in documentation on cp

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:42:47 -0600

hobo pope wrote:
> I've posted two screenshots of this online:
> 
> with(out) the -H option: http://i.stack.imgur.com/eb8rf.png
> with(out) the -L option: http://i.stack.imgur.com/U4OUV.png
> ...
> I didn't wanted to post the images as attachment because I don't
> know if this is appreciated, but can transmit them if this is
> helpful.

Thank you for posting a URL instead of attaching the images.  That was
more friendly than attaching the images.  Except!  There is always an
except.  :-)

Except those are images of text.  The best thing is simply to post the
text.  It is almost never appropriate to post images.  Images of text
are particularly bad.  There is never a reason to post images of
text.  Simply post the text itself.

When reporting test cases it is always best to cut and paste the text
of the case verbatim.  That way the entire thing is small.  It is then
preserved in the archive.  The text of the text is what is desired.
With that we can see the test case easily.  If the test case is well
done then we can cut and paste the test case ourselves out of the mail
and into our shell for testing.

Bob