Subject: 24.3.50; Some minor issues regarding the new TTY menus

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 21:06:13 +0200

Hi Eli,

First of all, thanks for implementing drop-down text menus.  They are
way better that the text-mode-menus implemented so far.

Here are some minor issues I've noticed after a quick test:

1. The "Buffers" menu becomes "Select Buffers" when selected (see
capture-1.png).  I think that the text of the menus should not change
upon selection.

2. When I select the "Help" menu, the drop-down list is shown shifted a
bit to the left wrt its "normal" position, because of lack of enough
space at the right side of the window (see capture-2.png).  That's OK,
but the menu header ("Help") should not be shifted at all from its
original position (only the drop-down list should be).  As you can see,
the "elp" string at the right side looks weird.  IMO, TRT would be to
show something like capture-2-fixed.png.

3. From a GUI session, disable menu-bar-mode and type F10.  I see that
the old text mode menu is shown.  Why not show the new drop-down text
menu instead?

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-10-09 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 15565 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo