Subject: Re: bug#15575: 24.3.50; New tty menus crash Emacs

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 13:42:37 +0200

> How tall is your cmd window?  Is it 25-line tall, per chance?

I don't remember but it's possible.

 > If so,
 > try the latest trunk, this problem should be fixed there.

With latest trunk I'm not able to produce it any more so this seems to
be fixed.

 >> Since I never work with -nw I have no idea how to debug this.
 >
 > Because -nw takes control of the screen, or because you don't think
 > you are familiar enough with the internals in the -nw case?
 >
 > If the former, I can tell you the tricks I use.

The former.  I'm used to debug emacs from another emacs but with -nw
this seems impossible.  And in a cmd.exe window emacs takes control of
the window as you say.  What do you use to get back to the debugger?

A minor nitpick: When I mouse-open the Tools menu and, with that menu
open, mouse-click the Emacs-Lisp menu, the Tools menu is still around.
Any simple way to close all open menus when opening a new one?

martin