Subject: bug#15549: hydra.gnu.org uses nontrivial and nonfree javascript

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 22:20:24 -0200

Do you by chance know of some way I can contribute directly to the
development of hydra.gnu.org web site?

If there is at least a way to make a copy of the web pages, I can try
making a LibreJS-compliant version of them --- the only thing needed
would be some server to test them if they need a server-side language or
CGI/FastCGI application.

I noticed that the site seens to be based on NixOS's Hydra. If you want,
I can do customization based on NixOS's instead. Just say the word. ;)

"Thompson, David" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'd just like to point out that hydra.gnu.org does *NOT* use non-free
> javascript. I can assure you that everything is free software.
> LibreJS just needs to be told so using a very specific metadata
> format.  I really do not like that LibreJS tells users that they are
> running non-free code and encourages them to complain to site admins
> about it when really LibreJS doesn't know anything. I wish LibreJS
> would change the messaging but that seems unlikely.
>
> Part of my old job at the FSF was making sure LibreJS didn't complain
> about things on FSF-run sites.  It took a lot of time to do and I
> don't think it was ever worth the effort.  I haven't used LibreJS in
> years and probably never will again.
>
> - Dave

-- 
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, veja formas de se comunicar
  instantaneamente comigo no endereço abaixo.
- Contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
  Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
  GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
  (apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.