Subject: bug#15549: hydra.gnu.org uses nontrivial and nonfree javascript

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 01:48:13 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

>> We need to add license comments to the JavaScript files and to
>> non-trivial embedded script blocks.
>>
>> I would like to do this, but I don’t know where the code is that I
>> should edit, or if this should just be done on our single
>> soon-to-be-obsolete hydra.gnu.org instance.
>
> I depends on the breadth of the changes.  Where are the license tags
> missing?  Is it mostly in .js files, or in <script> tags?

We don’t need to add anything to .js files if we can write a table
containing the relative paths to all scripts and their licenses.

Here is an example:

    http://guix.mdc-berlin.de/javascript

A link to this table must be placed on all pages that load the scripts
(it would be enough to modify the page template).  I’d begin by
collecting information for all scripts under /static/js and then
annotate all inline scripts with two-line license comments.

I don’t think I ever got access to hydra.gnu.org; I volunteer to make
the required changes (I’ve done this before for rcas.mdc-berlin.de and
guix.mdc-berlin.de).

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net