Subject: Re: bug#15521: test-suite-log

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:57:24 +0000

retitle 15521 two minor testsuite failures in Automake 1.14
tags 15521 + moreinfo
severity 15521 minor
thanks

Hi Anthony, sorry for the awful delay.

On 10/03/2013 09:30 PM, Anthony Haas wrote:
> Dear Sir , Madam,
> 
> I got the following message while installing automake, which asked for
> reporting the problem. You will see that most tests were passed. Can I
> still use my new install?
>
Yes, they seem like very corner-case errors, possibly related to
transient issues to possibly to overly old m4 and emacs versions.
So I'd say your automake is good to use.

Just to try to better understanding the existing failure, however,
I have a couple of questions:

  - which m4 version have you autoconf program been configured
    to use?

  - if you have time to install emacs version >= 23, can you check
    whether the failure in the 'lisp-loadpath' test disappears?

Thanks,
  Stefano