Subject: bug#15510: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 18:17:02 +0000

Your bug report

#15510: Make python.el work with IPython automatically

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15510: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15510
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: [email-masked] (Fabián Ezequiel Gallina)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 15:15:58 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in revno 117390 in the emacs-24 branch.

Fabián

Subject: Make python.el work with IPython automatically
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 00:32:02 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.3.50

I think python.el should try to automatically detect which kind of
interactive loop is running and use the corresponding invocation, so
users don't need to manually set python-shell-prompt-* and
python-shell-completion-* variables (and they can then even switch
between various interactive Python shells seamlessly).

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.20)
 of 2013-09-25 on pastel
Bzr revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure -C --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -O1 -Wno-pointer-sign''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <right> <right> <backspace> 1 C-e <left> <left> 
<backspace> 1 <backspace> 4 <backspace> 4 C-e C-a C-SPC 
<down> M-w C-y <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<left> <backspace> <backspace> e n C-h f <return> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> C-e <right> <backspace> C-x C-s C-x 
v = <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-1> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> C-x C-c <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
C-u C-x 5 1 C-s i p y t h o n C-s C-s C-a <help-echo> 
M-< C-e <right> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> C-SPC C-e M-w <switch-frame> M-x r 
e p - e m - b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/subr.el
Mark saved where search started
Mark set [2 times]
Auto-saving...done
Mark set [4 times]

Saving file /home/monnier/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/subr.el...
Wrote /home/monnier/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/subr.el
Finding changes in /home/monnier/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/subr.el...done
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/company/.dir-locals hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mule-diag dabbrev pcase grep etags
benchmark cc-compat log-edit pcvs-util vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
vc-dir semantic/db-mode semantic/decorate/include semantic/decorate/mode
semantic/decorate pulse semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp semantic/idle semantic/bovine/gcc
semantic/dep semantic/bovine semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base semantic/ctxt
semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet hideif cpp cmacexp cc-mode two-column
kmacro cc-fonts cc-awk cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-langs cc-vars cc-defs whitespace vc bug-reference add-log
xscheme unsafep trace testcover shadow scheme re-builder profiler
inf-lisp ielm pp gmm-utils ert find-func ewoc elp edebug cl-indent
sgml-mode view cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs warnings cal-french diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs vc-dispatcher
smerge-mode diff-mode conf-mode debug autorevert filenotify doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired format-spec misearch multi-isearch reftex-dcr
reftex reftex-vars tex-mode compile shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring latexenc executable copyright cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
vc-bzr filecache haskell-font-lock mule-util haskell-doc imenu
haskell-indent haskell-mode server noutline outline easy-mmode flyspell
ispell eldoc checkdoc thingatpt help-mode advice help-fns electric
url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
reveal autoinsert proof-site proof-autoloads cl-macs gv cl cl-loaddefs
cl-lib pg-vars uniquify time-date savehist minibuf-eldef disp-table
finder-inf info easymenu package bbdb-autoloads agda2 vm-autoloads
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)