Subject: bug#15493: closed (Re: bug#15493: 24.3; Info node on advising functions out of date)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 06:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#15493: 24.3; Info node on advising functions out of date

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15493: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15493
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15493: 24.3; Info node on advising functions out of date
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 02:20:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

The section has been replaced.

Subject: 24.3; Info node on advising functions out of date
From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:15:17 +0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm using the archlinux emacs package. Looking at the info section on
advising functions, I realized it seems to be out of date with the
actual code. Specifically, all the functions in the "(elisp) Argument
Access in Advice" node should be named *-argument(s), not *-arg(s), and
the function arguments are off: there are two args, not one.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-08-07 on -mnt-storage-buildroots-staging-i686-eric
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft'
 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h v I n f o - d i <tab> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> d i r e <tab> <return> C-u C-h i <backspace> 
<backspace> / u s r / s h a r e / i n f o <tab> e m 
<tab> <tab> . i n <tab> <return> C-x 1 C-v m a d v 
i <tab> C-g m a <backspace> e l i s <tab> p <return> 
C-g C-x k <return> C-u C-h i <backspace> <backspace> 
/ u s e r <backspace> r / <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r / s h a r e / i n <tab> f o <tab> e l i <tab> <return> 
m a d v i <tab> <return> SPC <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <return> SPC M-x e m a c s - r e <tab> 
<M-backspace> <M-backspace> r e p o r t - e m <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Note: file is write protected
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Making completion list...
Quit [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr info pp find-func help-mode easymenu
help-fns time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)