Subject: 24.3; Info node on advising functions out of date

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:15:17 +0700

I'm using the archlinux emacs package. Looking at the info section on
advising functions, I realized it seems to be out of date with the
actual code. Specifically, all the functions in the "(elisp) Argument
Access in Advice" node should be named *-argument(s), not *-arg(s), and
the function arguments are off: there are two args, not one.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-08-07 on -mnt-storage-buildroots-staging-i686-eric
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403000
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft'
 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h v I n f o - d i <tab> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> d i r e <tab> <return> C-u C-h i <backspace> 
<backspace> / u s r / s h a r e / i n f o <tab> e m 
<tab> <tab> . i n <tab> <return> C-x 1 C-v m a d v 
i <tab> C-g m a <backspace> e l i s <tab> p <return> 
C-g C-x k <return> C-u C-h i <backspace> <backspace> 
/ u s e r <backspace> r / <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r / s h a r e / i n <tab> f o <tab> e l i <tab> <return> 
m a d v i <tab> <return> SPC <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <return> SPC M-x e m a c s - r e <tab> 
<M-backspace> <M-backspace> r e p o r t - e m <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Note: file is write protected
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Making completion list...
Quit [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr info pp find-func help-mode easymenu
help-fns time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)