Subject: Re: bug#15485: add-abbrev: don't use hard-coded forward-word

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 16:50:44 -0700

Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't think the OP wanted to use `add-abbrev' in a Lisp program.  What
> I understand is that the problem reported arises when someone wants to
> add an abbrev for a programming construct (in the example: "<?php ?>")
> it is likely that `add-abbrev' won't give the entire desired
> expansion.
>
> With that being said, at least in current Emacs it is easy to add that
> abbrev, by setting the mark and point properly and calling
> `add-mode-abbrev' with a 0 prefix argument.

Ah, I see.

>> However, it's possible that the `forward-word' should perhaps be
>> changed, but on the other hand, abbrev.el will probably be deprecated
>> any year now in favour of nabbrev.el, so I don't think it's a good idea
>
> What is nabbrev.el?  I did a search in what I believe are usual places,
> but didn't found anything.

Sorry, I was completely confused.  Somehow I was thinking about
advice.el/nadvice.el here.  :-/

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no