Subject: bug#15480: 24.3; reproducible segfault

From: Evan Buswell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 00:15:40 -0700

With the attached file, ctl-space and down arrow twice and alt-w to copy
the last two lines, ctl-y on the last empty line and boom!

After I added a "})" on the end and properly indented it I could cut and
paste again as normal.

I ran a gdb bt and such but stabs were stripped, so...

Not a lot of time, but if you need more, I'll do my best.

Some stuff from emacs right before the crash:

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2013-04-20 on jara
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--without-x' '--without-sound'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2013-04-20 on jara
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--without-x' '--without-sound'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
("emacs" "compat-gcc.h")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
compat-gcc.h has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Loading cc-langs...done
Loading vc-git...done
scroll-up-command: End of buffer [6 times]
byte-code: End of buffer [3 times]
Mark set
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort ispell gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna cl-macs gv
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode vc-git cc-langs cl
cl-lib cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs time-date derived regexp-opt
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind multi-tty emacs)