Subject: Re: bug#15469: 24.3; emacsclient -c fails to grab focus when asking“Revert buffer from file?”

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 14:31:12 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> There be dragons: we've had several changes in this area, each one of
> them caused unintended "misfeatures" in other use cases.

Indeed.

> So I would suggest to review bug reports related to emacsclient for
> the recent, say, 3 years, and make sure the various use cases
> described there still work correctly, both with TTY frames and GUI
> frames.

Well, that sounds like work, but I did go through the VC log for
server.el and ran through the cases for reproduction of bugs fixed over
the past two years, and they were not affected by this change, so I went
ahead and applied it.

I guess we'll find out whether this regresses something when people
start using it.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no