Subject: bug#15466: 24.3.50; [PATCH] Add some keybindings for doc-view-mode

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:38:00 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>       (define-key map (kbd "RET")       'image-next-line)
>>       ;; Zoom in/out.
>>       (define-key map "+"               'doc-view-enlarge)
>> +     (define-key map "="               'doc-view-enlarge)
>> +     (define-key map (kbd "C-x C-+")   'doc-view-enlarge)
>> +     (define-key map (kbd "C-x C-=")   'doc-view-enlarge)
>>       (define-key map "-"               'doc-view-shrink)
>> +     (define-key map (kbd "C-x C--")   'doc-view-shrink)
>>       ;; Fit the image to the window
>>       (define-key map "W"               'doc-view-fit-width-to-window)
>>       (define-key map "H"               'doc-view-fit-height-to-window)
>
> I think it's OK (unless Tassilo disagrees, obviously),

No, it's fine with me.

> Also, maybe instead of rebinding C-x C-+, we should remap
> text-scale-adjust.

Yeah

  (define-key map [remap text-scale-adjust] 'doc-view-enlarge)
  (define-key map (kbd "C-x C--")           'doc-view-shrink)

should be equivalent.  Well, except that C-x C-0 would also enlarge.  It
wouldn't be bad to have a command to reset to the original size.  That
shouldn't be hard to do.  In the non-ImageMagick case, it's killing the
buffer-local value of doc-view-resolution and reconverting, and in the
ImageMagick case it's just killing the local value of
doc-view-image-width and re-inserting the image with
doc-view-insert-image.

Bye,
Tassilo