Subject: 24.3; exec-path on ms windows should contain current directory

From: Jarek Czekalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:24:58 +0200

To be consistent with the native shell on Microsoft Windows,
the exec-path should include current directory.
I can do that in my init.el, but I think this should be a standard.

Steps to reproduce:
1. On Windows edit file test.bat, save it
2. M-x shell-command
3. test.ba <TAB>

Expected behaviour:
4. autocomplete to test.bat

Current behaviour:
4. [No match]

If the idea gets accepted then I have a following question:
Should I prepare a patch for that or you prefer to fix it by yourselves?

Best regards
Jarek

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: pl
   locale-coding-system: cp1250
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Ibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-whitespace-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   recentf-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
z y c j e ( i ) . s w w SPC ! = SPC " B R A K " <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <delete> <return> SPC
SPC <end> <return> e n d i f C-x C-s <up> <up> <up>
M-! s v n SPC d i f f <return> <f6> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <C-home> C-SPC <C-end> M-w <C-home> C-SPC
<C-end> <delete> C-y C-x C-s <C-home> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> _ o o <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> SPC O o C-x C-s M-! <up> <return> <f6> <next>
<next> <C-end> <C-f4> M-! <up> <up> <up> <return> M-!
s v n SPC d i f f <return> <f6> <next> <next> <next>
<prior> <prior> <prior> M-! <up> <up> <return> <C-f4>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <end> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <backspace> 4 C-x C-s C-x C-b <up> m
m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m D y M-x r e p o r <tab>
<return>

Recent messages:
Operation finished; killed 16 buffers

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils debug cus-edit
nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok info
cl-macs gv cl cl-lib thingatpt find-func two-column iso-transl mule-diag
help-fns etags vc-dispatcher vc-svn apropos vc-git bookmark pp ffap
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
diff-mode easy-mmode dired-aux shell pcomplete grep compile comint
ansi-color ring dired help-mode tmm electric ibuf-ext ibuffer misearch
multi-isearch whitespace hl-line cus-start cus-load edmacro kmacro
recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu server time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
  of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
  -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: pl
   locale-coding-system: cp1250
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Ibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   global-whitespace-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   recentf-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
z y c j e ( i ) . s w w SPC ! = SPC " B R A K " <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <delete> <return> SPC
SPC <end> <return> e n d i f C-x C-s <up> <up> <up>
M-! s v n SPC d i f f <return> <f6> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <prior>
<prior> <prior> <prior> <prior> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next>
<next> <next> <C-home> C-SPC <C-end> M-w <C-home> C-SPC
<C-end> <delete> C-y C-x C-s <C-home> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> _ o o <right> <right> <right> <right>

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> SPC O o C-x C-s M-! <up> <return> <f6> <next>
<next> <C-end> <C-f4> M-! <up> <up> <up> <return> M-!
s v n SPC d i f f <return> <f6> <next> <next> <next>
<prior> <prior> <prior> M-! <up> <up> <return> <C-f4>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <end> <left> <left>
<left> <left> <backspace> 4 C-x C-s C-x C-b <up> m
m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m D y M-x r e p o r <tab>
<return>

Recent messages:
Operation finished; killed 16 buffers

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils debug cus-edit
nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok info
cl-macs gv cl cl-lib thingatpt find-func two-column iso-transl mule-diag
help-fns etags vc-dispatcher vc-svn apropos vc-git bookmark pp ffap
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
diff-mode easy-mmode dired-aux shell pcomplete grep compile comint
ansi-color ring dired help-mode tmm electric ibuf-ext ibuffer misearch
multi-isearch whitespace hl-line cus-start cus-load edmacro kmacro
recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu server time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty emacs)

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***