Subject: Re: [bug-diffutils] bug#15459: bug#15459: bug#15459: bug#15459:

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:04:22 -0600

On 09/25/2013 09:49 AM, leila karami wrote:
> Dear Andreas
> 
> Are you sure old.gro has DOS-style and new.gro has UNIX-style.
> 
> I obtained old.gro file from linux, then I changed and saved it in windows
> (new.gro). I want to use new.gro file in linux again.
> 
> I attached files again.
> 
> I want to do some works to obtained new.gro file exactly similar to style
> and format of the old.gro to use new.gro in linux.
> 
> Please tell me how to do this work exactly?

[unrelated to the question at hand]

Please don't send large files to mailing lists.  I'm actually surprised
that your mails have made it through moderation (many GNU lists are
capped to forbid mail larger than 100k).  Yet in the last 24 hours, you
have sent mails of sizes 363k, 371k, 367k, 368k, and 1.3M, all of which
adds up to a LOT of strain on the mail server, and a painful process to
those list subscribers that do not have high-speed internet.

When reporting a bug, it's best to trim your report down to a minimal
example that faithfully reproduces the problem you are seeing with your
larger files.  If a large file is essential, it's still more efficient
to post those large files to an external site and merely include a URL
to those files, for the few people interested in downloading them,
rather than forcing all subscribers to wade through the large sizes.

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org