Subject: 24.3; ido mode pegs cpu at 100% when auto-merge is triggered

From: Fenton Travers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:37:42 +0700

emacs -Q

Then I evaluate the following:

(require 'ido)
(ido-mode)
(ido-everywhere 1)
(setq ido-work-directory-list
'("/home/fenton/projects/docs-DIR/documentation"
"/home/fenton/projects/python/thai_real_estate/tre/"))

Then I do a C-x C-f and type in the letters 'for'

Then the minibuffer remains empty and unable to enter text in it and the
CPU gets pegged to 100%.  Waiting doesn't resolve it.

===================================================================

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.2)
 of 2013-08-07 on -mnt-storage-buildroots-staging-x86_64-eric
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  ido-everywhere: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f . e m <tab> <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n ; C-n C-n C-a ; C-n C-n C-a ; C-n
C-a ; C-n C-a ; C-n ; C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-a ; C-n C-a ; C-n C-n C-a C-p C-p
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-k C-p C-e C-x C-e C-n C-x
C-e C-n C-e C-x C-e <return> ( s e t q C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-a C-k C-y C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p
C-y ) C-x C-e C-x C-f f o r <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> M-w
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading vc-git...done
ido
nil
t
Mark set [2 times]
("/home/fenton/projects/docs-DIR/documentation"
"/home/fenton/projects/python/thai_real_estate/tre/")
Searching for `for'....
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils ido vc-git time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)