Subject: bug#15446: closed (Re: bug#15446: cannot register files in subversion 1.7.5 with emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 18:51:03 +0000

Your bug report

#15446: cannot register files in subversion 1.7.5 with emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
15446: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=15446
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#15446: cannot register files in subversion 1.7.5 with emacs
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 14:50:49 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Thanks, this should fix it:

*** lisp/vc/vc-svn.el	2013-10-04 23:47:00 +0000
--- lisp/vc/vc-svn.el	2013-10-09 18:45:51 +0000
***************
*** 294,300 ****
    "Create a new SVN repository."
    (vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "svnadmin" '("create" "SVN"))
    (vc-svn-command "*vc*" 0 "." "checkout"
!                   (concat "file://" default-directory "SVN")))
  
  (autoload 'vc-switches "vc")
  
--- 294,300 ----
    "Create a new SVN repository."
    (vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "svnadmin" '("create" "SVN"))
    (vc-svn-command "*vc*" 0 "." "checkout"
!                   (concat "file://" (expand-file-name default-directory) "SVN")))
  
  (autoload 'vc-switches "vc")

Subject: cannot register files in subversion 1.7.5 with emacs
From: Brian Zbriger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 21:31:07 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I create a new file, do a Tools > Version Control > Register, and enter
'SVN' for the backend, I get the following errors.

svn: E170000: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'file://~/Desktop/SVN'
svn: E170000: Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn: E170000: Local URL 'file://~/Desktop/SVN' contains unsupported hostname

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.4)
 of 2013-04-09 on komainu, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11303000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i686-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i686-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=i686-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <file> <new-file> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <file> <new-file>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <tools>
<vc> <vc-dir> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <tools> <vc> <vc-register> S
V N <return> <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <help-echo> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<help-echo> <mouse-movement> <help-echo> <mouse-movement>
<help-echo> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<help-echo> <mouse-movement> <help-echo> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
(New file)
OVERVIEW
vc-responsible-backend: No VC backend is responsible for /home/brian/Desktop
arg ~/Desktop/
vc-do-command: Running svn --non-interactive checkout file://~/Desktop/SVN
....FAILED (status 1)
Saved text from "svn: E170000: Unable to connect to a rep"
Making completion list... [4 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils help-mode view vc-arch vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git vc-bzr vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind
ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff vc-dispatcher org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func org-agenda org-info
org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp advice help-fns advice-preload
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline
outline easy-mmode format-spec regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)