Subject: bug#15433: 24.3.50; wrong-type-argument wholenump -3

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:13:43 -0700 (PDT)

This regression is from Emacs 24.1 onward.  No such problem before that.

emacs -Q

M-x set-variable debug-on-error t

M-x M-- 3 f

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument wholenump -3)
  self-insert-command(-3)
  call-interactively(self-insert-command nil nil)
  command-execute(self-insert-command)
  read-from-minibuffer("M-x " nil (keymap (10 . minibuffer-complete-and-exi=
t) (13 . minibuffer-complete-and-exit) keymap (menu-bar keymap (minibuf "Mi=
nibuf" keymap (tab menu-item "Complete" minibuffer-complete :help "Complete=
 as far as possible") (space menu-item "Complete Word" minibuffer-complete-=
word :help "Complete at most one word") (63 menu-item "List Completions" mi=
nibuffer-completion-help :help "Display all possible completions") "Minibuf=
")) (27 keymap (118 . switch-to-completions)) (prior . switch-to-completion=
s) (63 . minibuffer-completion-help) (32 . minibuffer-complete-word) (9 . m=
inibuffer-complete) keymap (menu-bar keymap (minibuf "Minibuf" keymap (prev=
ious menu-item "Previous History Item" previous-history-element :help "Put =
previous minibuffer history element in the minibuffer") (next menu-item "Ne=
xt History Item" next-history-element :help "Put next minibuffer history el=
ement in the minibuffer") (isearch-backward menu-item "Isearch History Back=
ward" isearch-backward :help "Incrementally search minibuffer history backw=
ard") (isearch-forward menu-item "Isearch History Forward" isearch-forward =
:help "Incrementally search minibuffer history forward") (return menu-item =
"Enter" exit-minibuffer :key-sequence "..." :help "Terminate input and exit=
 minibuffer") (quit menu-item "Quit" abort-recursive-edit :help "Abort inpu=
t and exit minibuffer") "Minibuf")) (10 . exit-minibuffer) (13 . exit-minib=
uffer) (7 . abort-recursive-edit) (C-tab . file-cache-minibuffer-complete) =
(9 . self-insert-command) (XF86Back . previous-history-element) (up . previ=
ous-history-element) (prior . previous-history-element) (XF86Forward . next=
-history-element) (down . next-history-element) (next . next-history-elemen=
t) (27 keymap (114 . previous-matching-history-element) (115 . next-matchin=
g-history-element) (112 . previous-history-element) (110 . next-history-ele=
ment))) nil extended-command-history nil nil)
  completing-read-default("M-x " [widget-field-validate menu-path easy-menu=
-filter-return cl-cdadr widget-default-button-face-get :buttons semantic-mo=
des gnus-summary-format cl-member-if-not custom-group-reset-current file-or=
-data widget-key-sequence-map erc-log :custom-form docs ns-drag-color widge=
t-field-value-create iso-8859-13-dos vc-backend-subdirectory-name comment-u=
se-syntax mm-decode custom-field-keymap Custom-no-edit texinfo cl--random-t=
ime org-clock prefix-face :custom-mark-to-reset-standard widget-regexp-vali=
date dired-before-readin-hook custom-modified erc-replace font-lock-choose-=
keywords gnus-dired gnus-html widget-info-link-action question-mark cl-acon=
s vhdl-naming tooltip-strip-prompt TGA Custom-help choice-item custom-promp=
t-variable register widget-children-value-delete view-register cl-callf2 :a=
ction custom-group-sample-face-get ...] commandp t nil extended-command-his=
tory nil nil)
  completing-read("M-x " [widget-field-validate menu-path easy-menu-filter-=
return cl-cdadr widget-default-button-face-get :buttons semantic-modes gnus=
-summary-format cl-member-if-not custom-group-reset-current file-or-data wi=
dget-key-sequence-map erc-log :custom-form docs ns-drag-color widget-field-=
value-create iso-8859-13-dos vc-backend-subdirectory-name comment-use-synta=
x mm-decode custom-field-keymap Custom-no-edit texinfo cl--random-time org-=
clock prefix-face :custom-mark-to-reset-standard widget-regexp-validate dir=
ed-before-readin-hook custom-modified erc-replace font-lock-choose-keywords=
 gnus-dired gnus-html widget-info-link-action question-mark cl-acons vhdl-n=
aming tooltip-strip-prompt TGA Custom-help choice-item custom-prompt-variab=
le register widget-children-value-delete view-register cl-callf2 :action cu=
stom-group-sample-face-get ...] commandp t nil extended-command-history)
  read-extended-command()
  byte-code("..." [current-prefix-arg read-extended-command] 2)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-09-20 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=3D-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=3D-DGLYPH_DEBUG=
=3D1'