Subject: bug#15403: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=701638 automake 1.13 changes causing regressions tests

From: Stefan Sauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:39:20 +0200

hi,

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=701638 has the details.
"""
Since Automake 1.13 (which is entering many distributions), tests are
executed in parallel by default. For tests run in parallel, Automake
grabs the output and results of the test and outputs it to two new
files, with a .log and .trs extension. It creates the
filenames based on the test name, which in the case of GTKDOC_CHECK is
the absolute path to the gtkdoc-check binary. This is generally
$(prefix)/bin and not writable by the user. This leads to errors when
running the gtk-doc check when using Automake 1.13 or above:
fatal: making test-suite.log: failed to create
/some-path/bin/gtkdoc-check.trs
fatal: making test-suite.log: failed to create
/some-path/bin/gtkdoc-check.log
"""
We have a generic sanity check that we run over the data files in the
project. The data files are passed via TESTS_ENVIRONMENT:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-doc/tree/examples/Makefile.am#n99

We'll probably go with the hack proposed in the patch. Please let us
know it there is a better way to handle this.

Stefan