Subject: Re: bug#1540: emacsclient -t fails under su

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:11:27 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>   > I know nothing about how this all works, but my naive expectation was
>   > that since emacs -nw works, emacsclient -t should too. But if that's
>   > not possible, fine. If it's possible but difficult, just stopping the
>   > crash and leaving the rest open as a wishlist is fine too.
>
> Not sure about the underlying problem. 

Doing it right would require passing a file descriptor instead of the
terminal name from emacsclient to emacs.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, [email-masked]
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."