Subject: bug#15392: xorg-server FTBFS

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 22:35:54 +0200

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Running xtest outside of the chroot of the guix build system, there is an
> error message that xkbcomp does not find the file evdev, which is part of
> the xkeyboard-config package. So I added a configure flag
>        (list (string-append "--with-xkb-config-root="
>                             (assoc-ref %build-inputs "xkeyboard-config")
>                             "/share/X11/xkb"))))
> to xkbcomp. Now xkeyboard-config needs xkbcomp, so I added an additional
> package xkbcomp-tmp to build xkeyboard-config, then the final xkbcomp can
> use xkeyboard-config as an input. See the attached patch.

Wow.

> From guix, the tests fail with the same error message as before.
>
> When I become root outside the chroot, source the environment variables and
> run ./xtest, the tests succeed. The strace output ends like this:

Could it be that xtest does something not possible in the chroot?  Like
host name lookups, or similar (check the strace log for accesses to
/etc/hosts or connections to /var/run/nscd/socket.)

HTH,
Ludo’.